IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, The Queen Elizabeth Gate, 1767
The Queen Elizabeth Gate
- Additional Title(s):
View under the Norman Gate
- Gouache and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 18 1/2 inches (36.5 x 47 cm), Mount: 15 3/8 x 19 1/2 inches (39.1 x 49.5 cm)
Signed in artist's hand in gouache, lower left: "P. Sandby Pinx 1767"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | ceiling | children | dogs (animals) | drummers | fifes | gate | genre subject | men | soldiers | vaulted | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Connections (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-05-26 - 2011-09-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Paul Sandby (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-04-10 - 1985-06-23) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.