- The Queen Elizabeth Gate
- Gouache and watercolor on medium paper mounted on thick, cream, moderately textured laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 18 1/2 inches (36.5 x 47 cm) and Mount: 15 3/8 x 19 1/2 inches (39.1 x 49.5 cm)
Signed in artist's hand in gouache, lower left: "P. Sandby Pinx 1767"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | ceiling | children | dogs (animals) | drummers | fifes | gate | genre subject | men | soldiers | vaulted | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, The Queen Elizabeth Gate, 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.