Paul Sandby Munn, 1773–1845, British, The Sluice Gate near Slough, 1811
The Sluice Gate near Slough
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 12 5/8 inches (28.6 × 32.1 cm) and Sheet: 11 1/4 × 12 3/4 inches (28.6 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Slough | [...] 1811| now covered over"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gate | landscape | sluice gate | steps | stone | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Slough | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.