- Prince of Wales Island, Penang
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 × 22 7/8 inches (36.5 × 58.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 3/4 × 20 9/16 inches (29.8 × 52.2 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 × 19 7/16 inches (27.1 × 49.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "a view of Prince of Wales's Island-"
Watermark: "J WhATMAN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Ensign Caldwell, c.1800, Prince of Wales Island, Penang, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.