IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Fennell Robson, 1788–1833, British, Macbeth and Banquo on the Heath, ca. 1830
Macbeth and Banquo on the Heath
- Additional Title(s):
Macbeth and Banquo Approaching the Three Witches
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor with gouache and scraping over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 3/8 inches (19 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite,lower right: "G. F. ROBSON: MACBETH & BANQUO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | battlefield | beards | clouds | crows (birds) | dresses | flags | gallows | generals | heath | hills | landscape | lightning | literary theme | Macbeth, Act I, Scene III | men | meteorology | night | plays by William Shakespeare | road | rocks (landforms) | scarves | science | snake | spears | staffs (staff weapon components) | storm | tree | troops | walking | waving | women
- Associated Places:
- Forres | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Macbeth (character in The Tragedy of Macbeth)
The Three Witches (characters in Macbeth)
Banquo (character in Macbeth)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.