- Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Dairy
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 21 7/8 inches (34.6 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Cloister for the use of the | Dairy maid - 18 by 6", in pen and black ink, upper left: "Dairy | Scullery"; in pen and black ink, lower left, "Bed Room"; in pen and black ink, center: "Dairy 18 by 12", "Glass | Door", "Cloister 18 by 6"; in pen and black ink, center right; "Cloister | 26.9 by 6 | B"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions and calculations; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan of the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right, "(74/8/14/14) (2) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bedrooms | cloister | dairies (non-mechanized) | maids | plans (drawings) | sculleries
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.