Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy and Cloister for the Use of the Dairy Maid
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 21 7/8 inches (34.6 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Cloister for the use of the | Dairy maid - 18 by 6", in pen and black ink, upper left: "Dairy | Scullery"; in pen and black ink, lower left, "Bed Room"; in pen and black ink, center: "Dairy 18 by 12", "Glass | Door", "Cloister 18 by 6"; in pen and black ink, center right; "Cloister | 26.9 by 6 | B"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions and calculations; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan of the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right, "(74/8/14/14) (2) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bedrooms | cloister | dairies (non-mechanized) | maids | plans (drawings) | sculleries
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.