Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the West End of the Dairy
- Graphite and pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 13 1/4 x 21 1/2 inches (33.7 x 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center, "Elevation of the West End of the Dairy"; in graphite, upper right: "Full Size Pitch of Chimney Cornice | for Iron Straps of the Standard | of Cross to Branch of[f] at Right | Angles only One Side"; in graphite, top center: "Bell" and dimensions given; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "West side of the Dairy | Earl of Darnely"; in graphite, lower right (74/8/14/14) (3) | (IR93)"
Signed in the artist's hand in brown ink, lower left, "Jas. Wyatt Archt."; dated in black ink, verso, upper right, "Augst 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bells (idiophones) | crucifixes | dairies (non-mechanized) | elevations (drawings) | pointed arches | roofs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.