Cobham Hall, Kent: Ceiling of Vestibule
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Sketch of the Ceiling for the Vestibule at Cobham
- ca. 1790
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 14 × 22 1/4 inches (35.6 × 56.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "Sketch of Ceiling for the Vestibule | at Cobham -"; in pen and black ink, center: "A"; in pen and black ink, center, bar scale: "10"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (7) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | festoons | roundels | vestibules
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Ceiling of Vestibule, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.