Cobham Hall, Kent: Windows in Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawing Full Size for the Window Frames in the Dairy
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 21 1/2 inches (34.9 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink: "Drawing full size for the Window | frames - | Lord Darnley's Dairy"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right, "Drawings full size for window frames | the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right; "(74/8/14/14) (9) | (IR 93)"
Signed in the artist's hand in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Jas. Wyatt Archt.", insribed on verso in pen and black ink: "Aug.st 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | dairies (non-mechanized) | window frames | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Windows in Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.