Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice and Battlement for the Dairy
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 22 1/4 x 13 7/8 inches (56.5 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Cornice and Battlement for the Dairy"; in graphite, lower right: "Plate"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink: "A Battlement for the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, upper left: "A | face of [?floating] on wall"; in graphite, upper left: "Moulding at A", "A", Wall line"; in graphite, lower left: "Wall line above the [...]"; in graphite, lower center: "9 in"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (11) | (IR93)"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Jas. Wyatt Archt", dated on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center "Augst. 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | cornices | dairies (non-mechanized) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice and Battlement for the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.