IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan and Elevations of Porter's Lodge, undated
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan and Elevations of Porter's Lodge
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 17 1/2 inches (28.6 x 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Plan & three different Elevations of a Design for a Porters Lodge at Cobham Hall."; in pen and black ink, center: "12 ft. Square"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (14) | (IR93)"
Watermark: fleur-de-lis and W below
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brick | chimneys (architectural elements) | doors | doorways | elevations (drawings) | plans (drawings) | porters | roofs | stairs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.