West Side of Ludlow Castle
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, graphite, gouache, and scratching out on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 29 1/8 inches (54.9 × 74 cm) and Image: 17 3/8 × 24 7/8 inches (44.1 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "West side of Ludlow Castle."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, West Side of Ludlow Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.