IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, West Side of Ludlow Castle, undated
West Side of Ludlow Castle
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gray ink, graphite, gouache, and scratching out on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 29 1/8 inches (54.9 × 74 cm), Image: 17 3/8 × 24 7/8 inches (44.1 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "West side of Ludlow Castle."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.