- Ladrone Islands in the China Sea
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thieck, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove beige, wove paper, backed with linen
- Mount: 24 1/8 × 32 3/4 inches (61.3 × 83.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 21 3/16 × 29 7/8 inches (53.8 × 75.9 cm), and Sheet: 20 15/16 × 29 5/8 inches (53.2 × 75.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower center: "LADRONE ISLANDS in the CHINA SEA."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J43"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cliffs | islands | marine art | sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Ladrone Islands in the China Sea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.