Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Cornice
- ca. 1790
- Gray wash over pen, graphite and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 6 1/8 x 16 1/2 inches (15.6 x 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Ld. Darnley"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(23) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | cornices | designs | semicircular arches
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Cornice, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.