Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Cornice
- ca. 1790
- Gray wash over pen, graphite and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 16 1/2 inches (15.6 x 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Ld. Darnley"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(23) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- columns (architectural elements) | cornices | designs | semicircular arches
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Cornice, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.