- Cobham Hall, Kent: Vestibule
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 16 3/8 × 17 inches (41.6 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Vestibule for Ld. Darnley"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "0" to "10"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (30) | (IR 93)"
Watermark, lower left: "WHATMAN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | busts | columns (architectural elements) | friezes (ornamental bands) | Ionic | Neoclassical | plans (drawings) | roundels | semicircular arches | statues | vestibules
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Vestibule, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.