Cobham Hall, Kent: Dressing Room Ceiling
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (with flier): 14 1/4 × 16 1/2 inches (36.2 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "The Ceiling for Dressing Room"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Dressing Room"; in pen and black ink, upper center; "F"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "E"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (32) | (IR93)"
Watermark: IHS Villedary
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | designs | designs | festoons | Neoclassical | roundels | urns
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- mythological figures
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Dressing Room Ceiling, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.