Cobham Hall, Kent: Dressing Room Ceiling
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 1/4 × 16 1/2 inches (36.2 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "The Ceiling for Dressing Room"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Dressing Room"; in pen and black ink, upper center; "F"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "E"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (32) | (IR93)"
Watermark: IHS Villedary
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | designs | designs | festoons | Neoclassical | roundels | urns
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- mythological figures
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Dressing Room Ceiling, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.