IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of a Room, ca. 1790
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of a Room
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of a Room with Alternative Decoration above Fireplace and One Door
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of a room with alternative decorations for the decoration above the fireplace and door
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 20 1/8 inches (35.2 × 51.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Walls"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(34) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | doorframes | festoons | fireplaces | sections | urns | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.