- Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan and Elevation of Lodge
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 8 5/8 inches (30.2 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Plan and Elevation of Lodge"; in pen and brown ink, center: "34"0 Foot"; in pen and brown ink, lower left, "Washouse | Oven | copper | 12 Feet | Kitchen" ; in pen and brown ink, lower center, " 8 ft 8 in | 9 feet | 12 feet"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "6 feet 6in | Pantry | 12 feet | Parlor"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(42) | (IR93)"
watermark, lower center: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (lighting device components) | doorframes | doors | elevations (drawings) | kitchens | ovens | pantries | parlors | plans (drawings) | roofs | stairs | washhouses | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan and Elevation of Lodge, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.