- Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawings of Windows for Parlor Floor
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 13 inches (21 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Parlour floor at Cobham Hall | No 8 of this size"; in pen and black ink, center left: "8 - 8 1/2 | 4-4 3/4"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Center Window One pair over | Hall door - only one wanting"; in black ink, center, "10- 1 3/4 | 6..0"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "One pair Windows | No 8 of this size -"; in pen and black ink, center right: "10 -1 3/4 | 4 - 4 3/4", inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (55) | (IR93)"
Watermark, center: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | parlors | window frames | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawings of Windows for Parlor Floor, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.