Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawings of Windows for Parlor Floor
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 13 inches (21 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Parlour floor at Cobham Hall | No 8 of this size"; in pen and black ink, center left: "8 - 8 1/2 | 4-4 3/4"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Center Window One pair over | Hall door - only one wanting"; in black ink, center, "10- 1 3/4 | 6..0"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "One pair Windows | No 8 of this size -"; in pen and black ink, center right: "10 -1 3/4 | 4 - 4 3/4", inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (55) | (IR93)"
Watermark, center: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | parlors | window frames | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawings of Windows for Parlor Floor, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.