IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan for Servant's Quarters, ca. 1790
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan for Servant's Quarters
- ca. 1790
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 15 inches (24.1 x 38.1 cm)
In graphite, center left: "Store Closet" "Housekeepers rooms"; in graphite, center: "passage enclosed under the Stairs to lead to the cellar", "Butlers Pantry", "Plate room", "Servant's waiting | room"; in graphite, throughout, some dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (61) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cellar | plans (drawings) | servant | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.