Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of Fireplace and Overmantel
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of a Frame above a Fireplace
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with six fold marks
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 16 3/4 inches (27 x 42.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "A" "B" "C" "D"; in pen and black ink, center right: "a"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right; "(74/8/14/14) (76) | (IR93)"
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elevations (drawings) | fireplace | frames (furnishings) | marble | molding | shadow | wall
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of Fireplace and Overmantel, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.