Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Staircase in the Octagon Tower, Plan of the second flight of steps
- ca. 1790
- Brown, black and pink ink, pen and black and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with one fold mark
- 19 x 11 1/2 inches (48.3 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "C | Staircase in the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the second flight of Steps"; in pen and brown ink on center, stairs numbered "23" to "35" and measurements labeled in the center; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, top fight: "C | Plan of Tower Staircase No 3"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (87) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | octagons | plans (drawings) | stairs | stairs | steps | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.