Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Staircase in the Octagon Tower, Plan of the second flight of steps
- ca. 1790
- Brown, black and pink ink, pen and black and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with one fold mark
- Sheet: 19 x 11 1/2 inches (48.3 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "C | Staircase in the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the second flight of Steps"; in pen and brown ink on center, stairs numbered "23" to "35" and measurements labeled in the center; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, top fight: "C | Plan of Tower Staircase No 3"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (87) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- octagons | plans (drawings) | stairs | stairs | steps | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.