Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Staircase in the Octagon Tower, Plan of the Third Flight of Steps
- ca. 1790
- Black and brown ink, pen and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- 11 7/8 x 19 inches (30.2 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "D | Staircase i n the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the third flight of Steps"; in pen and brown ink, lower right, "Garret Floor"; in pen and brown ink, center, stairs numbered "34" to "55" with measurements at center point; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "D | Plan of Tower Staircase No 4"; in another hand, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (88) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | octagons | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.