IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Observatory at the top of the Octagon Tower Staircase
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, yellow wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 1/2 inches (31 x 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "G | Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the Observatory"; in pen and black ink, center, labeling the stairs, "100 | 99"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, top left, "Plan of the Observatory at | the top of Tower Staircase" "G | No7"; in another hand, in graphite, top right, "(74/8/14/14) (90) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | observatories | octagons | octagons | plan (formal concept) | stairs | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.