Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Observatory at the top of the Octagon Tower Staircase
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, yellow wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 1/2 inches (31 x 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "G | Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the Observatory"; in pen and black ink, center, labeling the stairs, "100 | 99"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, top left, "Plan of the Observatory at | the top of Tower Staircase" "G | No7"; in another hand, in graphite, top right, "(74/8/14/14) (90) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | observatories | octagons | octagons | plan (formal concept) | stairs | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.