Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the north front of the stables towards the coach yard and elevation of the south front of the stables towards the park
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with three fold marks
- 21 3/8 × 25 1/2 inches (54.3 × 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "N. 2 | Elevation of the North Front of the Stables towards the Court Yard | marked C on the plan"; in pen and black ink, center right, "This plinth to range with | that in the South Front" in pen and black ink, center: "N.3 | Elevation of the South Front of the Stables towards the Park | ranging with the South front of the House marked B"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "A" "This water table to line with that of the | House marked A and to continue entirely | around the building", "Present plinth | of the Tower at | the South East | corner of the house"; inscribed in graphite, lower center; calculations given; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled, 1in=6.7ft; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "N 2 of 3"; in graphite, lower center; "(74/8/14/14) (94) | (IR93)"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "James Wyatt 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | elevations (drawings) | horse barns | plinths | stables | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.