Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: East elevation of coach houses and stables west elevation of the stables
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with three fold marks
- Sheet: 21 x 25 3/4 inches (53.3 x 65.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "N 4 | East Elevation of Coach Houses & Stables marked E on the plan"; in pen and black ink, center: "N 5 | West Elevation of the Stables marked D on the plan"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled, 1in = 6.7ft; in graphite, lower left, measurements; in pen and black ink, verso, upper center: "No 4 of 5"; in graphite, center, "No 17 Stables"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "(74/8/14/14) (95) | (IR 93)"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "James Wyatt 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | coach | elevations (drawings) | horse barns | stables | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.