Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Tower Staircase
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Octagon Tower
- ca. 1790
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with one fold mark
- Sheet: 19 1/8 x 12 1/8 inches (48.6 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Plan of the Octagon Tower Cobham Hall", in pen and brown ink, upper right: "A"; in pen and brown ink, center: "The Present Chimney Piece + Grate to be used -"; in graphite and brown ink, throughout, measurements given; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "A | Plan of Tower Staircase No 1"; in graphite, lower left, "(74/8/14/14) (85) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | grates | octagons | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.