Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the chamber story of part of the offices
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and yellow wash on moderately thick, moderatly texted, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 x 26 3/8 inches (54.6 x 67 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "Chamber Story of front of the | Offices | Earl of Darnley | Note - there must be a Girder placed across | the passage at A to carry the wall | the size of Doorways to be regulated by | the old doors which may be used again"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Passage to the American Gardens"; in black ink center: "Beam | Beam | Beam"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "2.6 | 3.0 high"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "A", "C"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Lobby | Great Stairs"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "A Story lintel to be | put over this window"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Great Drawing Room | Continued | C. A piece of Timber continued from below | to support the angle of the wall above"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "Chamber story of part of | the Offices | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (115) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beams (structural elements) | doors | garden | lobbies | offices | passages | plans (drawings) | stairs | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the chamber story of part of the offices, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.