Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the chamber story of part of the offices
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and yellow wash on moderately thick, moderatly texted, cream laid paper
- 21 1/2 x 26 3/8 inches (54.6 x 67 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "Chamber Story of front of the | Offices | Earl of Darnley | Note - there must be a Girder placed across | the passage at A to carry the wall | the size of Doorways to be regulated by | the old doors which may be used again"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Passage to the American Gardens"; in black ink center: "Beam | Beam | Beam"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "2.6 | 3.0 high"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "A", "C"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Lobby | Great Stairs"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "A Story lintel to be | put over this window"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Great Drawing Room | Continued | C. A piece of Timber continued from below | to support the angle of the wall above"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "Chamber story of part of | the Offices | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (115) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beams (structural elements) | doors | garden | lobbies | offices | passages | plans (drawings) | stairs | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the chamber story of part of the offices, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.