IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, The Basilica at Pergamon, ca. 1750
The Basilica at Pergamon
- Additional Title(s):
Kizil Avlu, the Central Hall, at Pergamon
The Red Hall at Pergamon
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 21 1/4 inches (38.5 x 53.9 cm), Image: 8 1/16 x 12 7/16 inches (20.5 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "XVII"; in graphite, upper left: "17"; lower center: "View of the remains of a Church in Pergamus"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | arches | architectural subject | basilica | columns | domes | Hellenistic | mountains | pillars | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Izmir Ili | Pergamon | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Paul Mellon's Legacy : A Passion for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-04-18 - 2007-07-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.