Frieze and Capitals (from Priene?)
- ca. 1750
- Black and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 21 5/16 x 15 inches (54.2 x 38.1 cm) and 12 3/8 x 8 inches (31.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "I | 500"; in brown ink, upper left: "LVI"; within image: labels A-E and various measurements; lower center: "Frieze & Capitals. Priene?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | capitals | columns | friezes | Ionic | moldings | scale (rule)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Aydin Ili | Ege kiyilari | Priene | Turkey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Frieze and Capitals (from Priene?), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.