View of Ruins of the Asclepium at Pergamon
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Columns
- ca. 1750
- Black ink and gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 21 1/4 inches (37.9 x 53.9 cm) and Image: 8 1/8 x 12 1/2 inches (20.6 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "17 (crossed out | 16"; in brown ink, upper left: "XVI. (crossed out and replaced with '14' in graphite)"; in brown ink, within image: labels; in graphite, lower center: "View of a Row of Corinthian Pillars in the Town of Pergamus"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | columns (architectural elements) | minaret | piers (foundation components) | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asclepion of Pergamum | Asia | Ege kiyilari | Izmir Ili | Pergamon | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of Ruins of the Asclepium at Pergamon, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.