IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Lambert of Lewes, 1725–1788, British, Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: View, undated
Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: View
- Graphite and watercolor within triple-ruled and wash border on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 x 25 1/4 inches (47.3 x 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "A View of HERSTMONCEUX Church . Su[s]sex."; in graphite, lower right: "May have been done by | Lambert or Grimou | but I am doubtful of | either. May be a copy | from Gri[mou]."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | Gothic (Medieval) | leaded lights | spires | tracery | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Herstmonceux | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.