- Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: View
- Graphite and watercolor within triple-ruled and wash border on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 x 25 1/4 inches (47.3 x 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "A View of HERSTMONCEUX Church . Su[s]sex."; in graphite, lower right: "May have been done by | Lambert or Grimou | but I am doubtful of | either. May be a copy | from Gri[mou]."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | Gothic (Medieval) | leaded lights | spires | tracery | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Herstmonceux | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Lambert of Lewes, 1725–1788, British, Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: View, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.