IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Godfrey, Herstmonceux Castle, Sussex Pl. 2, undated
Herstmonceux Castle, Sussex Pl. 2
- Engraving, with graphite on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 10 inches (16 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 × 6 3/4 inches (12.1 × 17.1 cm), Image: 4 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (11.4 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "From Grose"; in graphite, lower right: "(2nd edit) 22 June 1785"
Lettered, lower left: "Pub 22 June 1785 by S. Hooper"; lower center: "Herstmonceaux Sussex Pl 2"; lower right: "Godfrey Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.