Herstmonceux Castle, Sussex
- Engraving, with graphite on smooth, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (9.5 × 15.9 cm), Plate: 3 1/2 × 5 3/4 inches (8.9 × 14.6 cm), Image: 2 1/4 × 3 1/2 inches (5.7 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "From the 'Antiquarian Itinerary'"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "From W.H.B. Fletcher's Coll.n"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Herstmonceux | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Greig, active 1800–1853, British, Herstmonceux Castle, Sussex, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.