- John Hamilton Mortimer
- Etching, published state
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 13 1/2in. (44.5 x 34.3cm)
Engraved inscriptions: below image at left, "Painted by Mortimer"; below image at center, "John Hamilton Mortimer", below, "Historical Painter"; below, "From an original Picture painted by Himself in the possession of Richard Thorold Esq. to whom this plate -- is humbly inscribed, by His much obliged, and most obedient servant"; below, "Robert Blyth"; below, "London publish'd as the Act directs 19th Septr 1782. by R Blyth N 105 New Bond Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | hat | portrait | ribbon
- Associated People:
- Mortimer, John Hamilton (1740–1779), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Blyth, 1750–1784, John Hamilton Mortimer, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.