- ca. 1819
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 10 7/8 inches (22.9 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "BRITISH SCHOOL (POLLARD; J?) | THE FRUIT MARKET (THE GREEN GROCER)"; in graphite, lower right: "62/12/6/15"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | baskets | bonnets (hats) | children | dog (animal) | doorway | dresses | flowers (plants) | fruit | genre subject | hats | parasol | produce stand | purses (bags) | scales (weighing devices) | shopping | sidewalk | steps | storefront | vegetables | window | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.