- View of the Pantheon, Paris
- Soft ground etching with gray, blue, and yellow wash on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 9 3/8 x 21 inches (23.8 x 53.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 7/8 x 17 7/16 inches (14.9 x 44.3 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, verso, bottom right corner "[For News 51]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boats | buildings | carriages | carts | cityscape | clouds | horses (animals) | people
- Associated Places:
- Bassin de l'Arsenal | Europe | France | Panthéon | Paris | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Pantheon, Paris, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.