- The Steine, Brighton
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 6 3/4 inches (9.5 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, upper center: "40"; lower center: "The Steine Brighton"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "J.N. | 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | children | costumes (ensembles) | dogs (animals) | dresses | fashion | genre subject | hats | men | wind | women
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, The Steine, Brighton, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.