IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, The Steine, Brighton, 1787
The Steine, Brighton
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 6 3/4 inches (9.5 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, upper center: "40"; lower center: "The Steine Brighton"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "J.N. | 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | children | costumes (ensembles) | dogs (animals) | dresses | fashion | genre subject | hats | men | wind | women
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.