- Herstmonceux Castle for the history and description of the Sussex Coast
- Engraving, with graphite on smooth, medium, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 7 1/8 inches (22.9 × 18.1 cm) and Plate: 5 3/4 × 3 7/8 inches (14.6 × 9.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "From W.H.B. Fletcher's Coll.n"
Lettered, bottom center: "HURSTMONEAUX CASTLE [sic] | For the History and description of the Sussex Coast"; lower right: "Printed by Gad & Keningale"; lower left: "C.Scott delin."; lower right: "C.J. Smith sculp.'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles John Smith, 1803–1838, British, Herstmonceux Castle for the history and description of the Sussex Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.