Study for The Mother's Bribe, or The Temptation to be Washed
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 5 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches (13.7 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "J. W."
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "J. W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | mother | study (visual work) | washed
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Study for The Mother's Bribe, or The Temptation to be Washed, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.