IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Hulks at Plymouth, undated
Hulks at Plymouth
- Watercolor, brown ink, gouache, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 15 1/8 inches (26 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "C 267"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay | beach | boats | chains | dock | hulks (watercraft by form) | marine art | masts | men | rope | sailboats | sails | sand | sea | ships | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Plymouth | Plymouth Sound | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.