Portrait of the Artist's Dromedary
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 14 inches (25.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: Portrait of my dromedary | going to Sinai."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Elijah Walton"; dated lower left: "1862"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camel (mammal) | portrait | profile (figure)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Elijah Walton, 1832–1880, British, Portrait of the Artist's Dromedary, 1862