Portrait of the Artist's Dromedary
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 14 inches (25.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: Portrait of my dromedary | going to Sinai."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Elijah Walton"; dated lower left: "1862"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camel (mammal) | portrait | profile (figure)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Elijah Walton, 1832–1880, British, Portrait of the Artist's Dromedary, 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.