- The Adoration
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 9 1/4 inches (20.3 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Roma."; on verso in graphite, upper center: "D 2261/ | Hamlet Winstanley d 1761 | LGD | Winstanley [...]"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "H. Winstanley | f. 1723"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adoration of the kings: the Wise Men present their gifts to the Christ-child (gold, frankincense and myrrh) | basket | camels | cloth | gifts | halos | house | infant | men | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | turban
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hamlet Winstanley, 1698–1756, British, The Adoration, 1723
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.