George Belton Moore, 1805–1875, British, A Proposed plan for Trafalgar Square, 1841
A Proposed plan for Trafalgar Square
- Watercolor and white gouache over graphite and brown wash on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 21 1/16 inches (27.5 x 53.5 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "g Moore 41"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | buildings | business | carriages | children | cityscape | fences | fountains | guards | horses (animals) | ladies | men | middle class | monument | noblemen | patrolling | pedestrians | plans | sculptures | sky | soldiers | square | stairs | streets | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | Trafalgar Square | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.