Remains of Purton Hall, Staffordshire
- Watercolor, graphite, and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 21 3/8 inches (37.8 × 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, in artist's hand: "remains of Parton Hall; in brown ink, lower left, in artist's hand: "P.G.T"; lower center: "Remains of Parton Hall Staffordshr. C Varley 1820"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "remains of Parton Hall Aug '9 1820 C Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | grass | road | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 40, pl. 40, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)