Country Scene: Figures by a Cottage Door and Cattle in a Stream
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 10 3/4 inches (25.1 x 27.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 10 3/4 x 14 3/4 inches (27.3 x 37.5 cm)
Signed and dated in watercolor, lower left: "F.Wheatley delt. 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | barrel | blouse | bonnet | bridge (built work) | broom | cape | chimney | cloth | clouds | cottage | cows | dog (animal) | door | doorway | fence | foliage | hat | house | landscape | men | planks | pot | shoes (footwear) | skirt | staff | sticks | stockings | stool | thatch | trees | vine | water | windows | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Country Scene: Figures by a Cottage Door and Cattle in a Stream, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.