Garden of Gethsemane
- Additional Title(s):
The Garden of Gethsemany
- Black chalk, white chalk, and red chalk over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 19 5/16 inches (33 x 49 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W70"; lower center: "Garden of Gethsemany"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "April 4th 1841 | D Wilkie fc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | garden | groves | landscape | temple | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Gethsemane | Israel | Jerusalem | Mount of Olives | Palestine | Yerushalayim, Mehoz
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.