Garden of Gethsemane
- Additional Title(s):
The Garden of Gethsemany
- Black chalk, white chalk, and red chalk over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 19 5/16 inches (33 x 49 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W70"; lower center: "Garden of Gethsemany"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "April 4th 1841 | D Wilkie fc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | garden | groves | landscape | temple | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Gethsemane | Israel | Jerusalem | Mount of Olives | Palestine | Yerushalayim, Mehoz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.