- Sebastopol from the Sea, Sketched from the Deck of H. M. S. Sidon, Feb. 1855
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 20 5/8 inches (33 x 52.4 cm)
Signed and dated in brown watercolor, lower left: "Wm. Simpson | Feby. 1855"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cannons | deck | equipment | flags | genre subject | gesture | landscape | marine art | mountains | ropes | Royal Navy | sailors | sea | seamen | ship | talking | Union Jack | war
- Associated Places:
- Crimean Peninsula | Europe | Krym | Sebastopol | Ukraine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Sebastopol from the Sea, Sketched from the Deck of H. M. S. Sidon, Feb. 1855, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.