An Imaginary Design for a Monument to Lord Nelson
- Watercolor, gouache, and chalk on Thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 18 1/8in. (46 x 46cm)
Inscribed in watercolor, lower center: "A. Aglio Fe. | xtov 1805"
Signed and dated in watercolor, lower center: "A. Aglio Fe. | xtov 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | design | landscape | monument | pyramid (tomb) | sculpture | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustine Maria Aglio, 1777–1857, Italian, active in Britain, An Imaginary Design for a Monument to Lord Nelson, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.