An Imaginary Design for a Monument to Lord Nelson
- Watercolor, gouache, and chalk on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 18 1/8in. (46 x 46cm)
Inscribed in watercolor, lower center: "A. Aglio Fe. | xtov 1805"
Signed and dated in watercolor, lower center: "A. Aglio Fe. | xtov 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | design | landscape | monument | pyramid (tomb) | sculpture | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Agostino Aglio the elder, 1777–1857, Italian, active in Britain, An Imaginary Design for a Monument to Lord Nelson, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.