IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Le Chateau de Blois, undated
Le Chateau de Blois
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite with gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 x 25 5/16 inches (45.7 x 64.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Chateau de Blois"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | archways | baskets | buildings | chimneys (architectural elements) | château | courtyard | doorways | hats | men | people | sky | soldiers | staircase | steps | uniforms | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Blois | Chateau de Blois | Europe | France | Loir-et-Cher | Loire Valley
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.