Pistil Mawddach, North Wales
- between 1835 and 1836
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 21 inches (44.1 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Pistil Mawddach North Wales | 4 Grove St. Lisson Grove Marylebone"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Samuel Palmer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | leisure | north | swimming | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cymru | Europe | Pistil Mawddach | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Connections (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-05-26 - 2011-09-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Works of Splendor and Imagination - The Exhibition Watercolor 1770-1870 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-09-16 - 1981-11-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Vaughan, Samuel Palmer : shadows on the wall, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, pp. 232, 233, fig. 203, NJ18.P19 V37 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]